- a technical device
- 2001 Greg Cox The Eugenics Wars Vol I: The Rise and Fall of
Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek), Star Trek, ISBN 978-0671021276,
- Why, this planet was still centuries away from developing such necessities as personal replicators or portable nano-intelligences...
- 2001 Judith Barad, Ed Robertson The Ethics of Star Trek, Harper
Perennial, ISBN 978-0060933265, page 74
- either there is not such thing as a concept known as 'spacecraft' (inwhich case, any talk of spacecraft, warp drives, inertial dampers, replicators, and the like would be pointless), or indeed there is.
- 2007 Douglas Hofstadter I Am a Strange Loop, Basic Books, ISBN
978-0465030781, pages 301-302
- The scanner here on Earth will destroy my brain and body, while recording the exact states of all of my cells. It will the transmit this information by radio. Travelling at the speed of light, the message will take three minutes to reach the Replicator on Mars. This will then create, out of new matter, a brain and body exactly like mine. It will be in this body that I shall wake up.
- 2001 Greg Cox The Eugenics Wars Vol I: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek), Star Trek, ISBN 978-0671021276, page 76
Replicator may refer to various things related to replication and self-replication:
- The theoretical basic unit of evolution in some schools of evolutionary theory
- Replicator (nanotechnology)
- Clanking replicator
- DNA replication
- Replicator (liquid handling), a device for transfer of liquids
- Replicator (Stargate), a fictional species in the Stargate Universe
- Replicator (Star Trek), a fictional technology in the Star Trek universe
- Replicator (band), a noise rock band from Oakland, California
replicator in German: Replikator
replicator in Dutch: Replicator